Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Sweet Bunny Bento


As I mentioned a few weeks ago, my family recently moved, which took a lot out of me.  That resulted in a break not only from blogging, but from bento making, as well.  I unpacked the last few boxes earlier this week, so I hope to be back in full bento-swing and to be blogging regularly again!  

To help get me back in bento-mode, I ordered a few new supplies from Bento USA.  One of them was this adorable set of bunny picks that I've had my eye on for months.  They are even cuter in person, and as soon as I opened the package, I knew I was going to make one of the bunnies out of rice.  

The same day my Bento USA package came, I received a  surprise gift from my sweet blogger friend Cristi from BentOnBetterLunches.  One of the things she sent was a set of cute flower egg molds.  I knew the daisy mold would work perfectly with my bunny bento!  

I colored the boiled eggs in beet juice after I removed their shells, making the soft pink color you see below.  The muzzle and ears of the bunny were cut from one of the eggs, as well.  
What's in the Box?
Bunny - Rice, Boiled Egg & Nori Accents
Lettuce, Asparagus, Yellow Bell Pepper, Grape Tomatoes
Hard-Boiled Egg, Cantaloupe Balls
Clementine, Celery, Carrots, Pear Tomatoes
Red Bell Pepper, Cucumber, Golden Beets

Bento Tools:
Bentos on the Bayou   Bentos on the Bayou  Bentos on the Bayou
Bentos on the Bayou   Bentos on the Bayou   

2 comments:

  1. I love the pink! It IS a sweet bunny bento :) Welcome to your new home, and back to your bento & blogging !

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really cute lunch! Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete

Due to recent spam activity, I have turned word verification OFF and comment moderation ON.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...