Wednesday, January 29, 2014

♫♪ Do you wanna eat a snowman? ♪♫


Frozen has quickly become the favorite movie at my house.  We have seen it twice and can't wait for it to be released to DVD on March 18.  My children (okay, and me) sing the songs all day and know every word to each of them.  It's funny, because I really didn't even want to see it when I first saw the extended preview.  I am so glad I went with them, because I truly love it as much as they do.  The story is fabulous, and I feel a strangely deep, emotional connection to each of the characters.  That is rare with an animated film.  

While Elsa and Anna are truly lovely, and we adore Kristoff & Sven, our absolute favorite character is Olaf.  I mean, what's not to love about this quirky little snowman who dreams of summer.  He's adorable and kind, gentle and loyal, and just plain funny.  Josh Gadd did an amazing job of bringing this character to life.  

We are having a rare winter storm right now in our area, so I decided to celebrate our "frozen" weather with a Frozen bento.  Olaf was the obvious choice for me and absolutely delighted my children and my husband, as well.  He happened to be home today due to the weather and was able to enjoy the bento, too.  I actually made four of them, one for each of us, instead of my usual two.  I'll be honest that it took much longer to make all four of them than I am used to.  I am glad I usually only make two! 

I hope you enjoy this one as much as we did!  
Olaf_Lunch
What's in the Box?
Hand-formed Rice w/ Nori, Radish & Carrot Accents
Lettuce, Carrot Sticks, Cherry Tomatoes, Baby Cucumber
California Rolls, Tri-Color Baby Bell Peppers
Grapes, Blackberries


A couple of my fellow bento bloggers have made their own Frozen lunches.  As always, they inspire me, cheer me on, and support my crazy hobby.  I would love for you to hop on over to their blogs and take a look! 

And I would like to give a very special thank you to Venia with Organized Bites for inspiring me every day and for coming up with the name of this post!  

5 comments:

  1. must comment here again!!!! Awesome Awesome lunch!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just discovered your site and it's wonderful! I love all the color you use in your bentos. I've started a bento blog of my own (happytummybentos.blogspot.com) but it's my first time having the internet at home in years so I feel pretty overwhelmed. When I do (often) I like to take a peek at your site and it inspires me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome olaf!!! Love your sushi too!

    ReplyDelete

Due to recent spam activity, I have turned word verification OFF and comment moderation ON.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...