Friday, September 28, 2012

Vegan Ladybug Bento


The challenge this week at Bento Blog Network was to do a totally vegan bento.  Our family isn't vegan, but I was up for the challenge.  I went back through all my old bentos, and realized that I didn't have a single one that didn't contain either meat, cheese or eggs (or all of them).  Wow...

Here is what I came up with today without using any of those ingredients.

Vegan Ladybugs
 What's in the box??
Ladybugs - Red Plums w/ Tomato, Nori & Pasta Accents
Lettuce Bed
Squash Flowers, Bell Peppers, Carrots, Snap Peas, Tomatoes
Black Beans, Garbanzo Beans
Baby Corn & Pickle Spears

UPDATE:  Looking again, I actually found one other vegan bento that I have done.  It was a giraffe bento you can see here.


7 comments:

  1. Hum...your post title is overlapping with the content. I don't remember that before. You can email me about it.

    Ladybugs are adorable! Thanks for linking this up at Bento of the Week at BNN!

    Diana
    Bento Blog Network
    Diana Rambles
    Custom Blog Designs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! And that's coming from a vegan too ;) Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute! I need to try her on some baby corn... she keeps asking for it at the store...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty bento! With color like that one wouldn't notice that this lovely meal was vegan, wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this bento....Love the idea of plum lady bug & baby corn flowers...
    Have a great day!!
    Regards,
    Amy-Food Corner
    http://foodssrilanka.blogspot.sg/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful & colourful lunch! Just gorgeous :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ~Love the colorful ladybug garden! :)

    ReplyDelete

Due to recent spam activity, I have turned word verification OFF and comment moderation ON.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...