Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Back to School Bento


Today was our first day back to school (it's just too hot in August to do anything else), so I thought it would be fun to make a Back to School Bento for the kids.  I didn't make many bentos during our summer break, so it was a lot of fun to get back into the swing of things!
What's in the Box?
Pencil - Rice colored with Turmeric, Jack Cheese, Canadian Bacon, Nori Accents
Steamed Veggies (Broccoli, Peppers, Celery, Carrots, Snap Peas)
Salad Greens, Canadian Bacon
Clementines & Green Grapes 

6 comments:

  1. I love your pencil. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Sherry, the pencil is white rice steamed with turmeric to get the yellow color. I then hand-formed it into the shape of a pencil using plastic wrap. I covered the tip in a small piece of nori paper, which I also used for the other black accents. The pink eraser is a piece of grilled Canadian bacon that I wrapped around the rice.

      Delete

Due to recent spam activity, I have turned word verification OFF and comment moderation ON.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...