Thursday, May 10, 2012

Giraffe Bento


I honestly didn't know what I was going to do for today's bento.  I wanted to use turmeric in the rice, so I knew it was going to be yellow.  I used a little too much, so I got a very dark yellow.  When I saw the color, two images popped into my head - a school bus and a giraffe.  I thought the giraffe might look cuter with the items I had on hand, so I hand formed one with plastic wrap to see what it would look like.  I was happy with the result, so I stuck with the giraffe!
Giraffe - Rice (dyed with Turmeric) w/ Nori, Enoki Mushroom & Pre-made Wilton Eye
Dark Red Kidney Beans, Baby Corn
Lettuce, Steamed Asparagus, Tomatoes, Carrots, Kohlrabi, Bell Peppers
Mango, Blackberries  

4 comments:

  1. I love the giraffe! Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So creative! I never would have thought to use turmeric with rice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So adorable! I've been surprised by how many have linked up to this theme.!

    ReplyDelete

Due to recent spam activity, I have turned word verification OFF and comment moderation ON.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...