Friday, May 11, 2012

Bert & Ernie Bento


My original plan today was to do a different bento, but I realized I didn't have one of the necessary items to do that one.  I had already colored my rice, so I was stuck doing something orange.  I also had some leftover yellow rice from yesterday, so I quickly realized I could do Bert and Ernie from Sesame Street!
Bert - Yellow Rice (colored w/ turmeric), Orange Rice Nose (colored with pureed carrots),
Nori, Bell Pepper & Pre-made Wilton Eyes
Ernie - Orange Rice (colored with pureed carrots & sesame oil), Tomato Nose, Bell Pepper, Fish Sausage, Nori & Pre-made Wilton Eyes
Additional Bento Ingredients (some are under Bert & Ernie):
Tomato, Steamed Broccoli, Bell Pepper, Lettuce, Baby Corn,
Celery, Cheese, Black Olives, Clementine, Kiwi

6 comments:

  1. YUM, The carrot rice sounds really yummy. Can you taste the carrot?

    ReplyDelete
  2. MewlKitten, you can taste the carrot, and it is REALLY good!! We like to add a small amount of sesame oil to it, too. We use sesame oil a lot in Korean food, so we are quite accustomed to the flavor. I've made the rice with just the carrot, and it is very good by itself, too. It is my children's favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I loved Burt and Ernie when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great improvisation! Looks delicious :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was actually quite happy with how it turned out!

      Delete

Due to recent spam activity, I have turned word verification OFF and comment moderation ON.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...