Thursday, April 26, 2012

Starbucks Bento



Each week, Bento Blog Network hosts a themed Bento of the Week challenge.  The theme for the challenge that starts tomorrow is "Alternative Boxes."  I was told that any container that was not intended to be used as a bento or lunch box would qualify as alternative.  

I started thinking and decided I would use a paper Starbucks bag as my container.  I cut the bag in half and rolled the sides down, then lined the paper bag with a cut open cellophane bag from Christmas.  As I was brainstorming on what to put in the bento, I recalled one of the first items I ever pinned on Pinterest, which was a Starbucks cup bento.  I thought that would be a perfect item to put in a Starbucks bag container!  

"Bento Bucks" Cup - Brown Rice, White Rice
(w/ Cheese, Bell Pepper, Cucumber & Nori Accents)
Pajeon (Korean Pancakes - one had veggie & one had crab) - under cup
Carrots, Grilled Baby Bok Choy, Cucumber, Bell Peppers
Turkey, Cheese, Clementine

5 comments:

  1. Now that is really thinking outside the BOX! Great job!!!!

    When does Ba"YOU" start? I'll promo it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is so clever! Did it work? No spillage?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gnoe - We didn't travel with this, but it should work fine if you leave enough cellophane to twist tie at the top. It didn't soak through or spill at all. I could easily have reused the paper bags.

    ReplyDelete

Due to recent spam activity, I have turned word verification OFF and comment moderation ON.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...